Friday, December 12, 2014

12 days of Christmas! Day 1- Rumpelstiltskin by Paul O. Zelinsky

Today I'm going to do something slightly out of the ordinary and begin 12 days of Christmas, where I recommend 12 different books on twelve different days for potential Christmas gifts.  I was considering, and still am, one for each level of reading: a children's book, a middle level book (Young People or Young Adult), and an adult book.  For now I'll start with just one a day, but if you'd like more, please feel free to leave a comment below! :)



Rumpelstiltskin by Paul O. Zelinksy


This book holds a Caldecott Honor metal on the cover, is meant for young children, and is overall amazing.

Everyone has heard the story of Rumpelstiltskin but not everyone has been able to see the story in such vivid pictures as Zelinsky has painted.  Getting this book out of the school library had been the first time I had heard and seen this story outside of Reading Rainbow.  I took this story out again and again throughout the years, and now am purchasing it for friends' children.




If you like this review, and the writing style of this quirky reviewer, please consider visiting and liking my Facebook author page: Lizzy March.

No comments:

Post a Comment